16/03/2012

A bouquet of flowers, a story

There was a time in my life, when I was young, unmarried and in love.

One day, a bouquet of flowers arrived!

They were beautiful!

I had three boys, courting me, and did not know for sure, which one had send it to me. I was attracted to one of them, but he was not serious. The second, took me to the theatre, but I did not feel anything towards him. The third....

I hoped, it was from him!

Not even an hour had passed while I admired my room, which had become suddenly different, magic, beautiful because of the huge bouquet of flowers, when another bouquet was brought by a young envoy.

Tulipes Mars012vA second bouquet, even more beautiful!

Who send this ones?

I arranged this too in my room, which now become a garden of flowers almost, magic!

Full of joy, but also with doubts.

Who could have send those bouquets to me?

Why two one after the other? Where they from different boys? Coincidence? Why no note with any of them?

One more hour have passed and the third boy arrived to visit me, with crisp white shirt, bronzed arms and a big smile. Of course, he was the one who send the flowers!

Why two bouquets? I asked him.

Well, I passed in the market and send to you the first one, he answered me, then, I went a bit further and suddenly saw one even more beautiful! So...

Thank you!

I was so impressed! So happy and the flowers lasted long time, changing my room's mood.

I married him.

He continued to bring me flowers. I was happy with each one, every time. We looked at them, and together we admired our two children, with joy.

One day, he passed near another young woman, and found her more beautiful. Without forgetting me, he went with her. And later, he found another, even more interesting and offered me less and less often flowers.

After fifteen years together, we parted and no one offered me flowers any more.

Tulipes Mars010vOne day, I discovered, I can buy flowers for myself!

And my room was beautiful again! I was happy: I did not have to wait for someone buy me beautiful flowers!

I was independent! I could bring joy to myself.

Eventually, other man did too, but I never lost the feeling of not depending on them for my joys in life.

Yesterday, I bought myself these beautiful tulips, and the whole story came back to me, all the feeling of joy came with it.

Mixed with a bit of sorrow, of lost things, too, but only writing it down here, did I understand the significance of the second bouquet I received, so long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment